The tasks and the performances of VerbaAlpina can be assigned to the following areas:
(1) documentation and diachronic analysis of the dialectal vocabulary, which is considered as characteristic in accordance with the onomasiological frame;
(2) cooperation with project partners for the mutual data exchange and data analysis;
(3) publication of the data stock, analytical texts and different material related to the project that is addressed partly to a specialist public, partly to the general public.
The functions (1) to (3) have already been activated with the first version 15/1 and are continuously extended. Two other functions are being prepared:
(4) data collection by means of crowdsourcing;
(5) installation of a research laboratory. VerbaAlpina has developed different geolinguistic tools: different cartographical depictions, levels of typification among other things. The research laboratory offers all interested users an individual use of these tools and the presentation of new, maybe also alternative analysis and results.
(auct. Thomas Krefeld – trad. Susanne Oberholzer)
Show all entries
H J Q U W X Y Z